As a leader, using strong language will help you to get the job done.
Strong language is not forceful or unkind. Strong, effective language is unapologetic, concise and clear. Apologizing is for amateurs. It negates the message you are trying to send. It decreases your sincerity. And, ultimately, it decreases your leadership image. This video reviews how to give clear instructions to different communication types and discusses active vs. passive language and how to master brevity.
Hope Speaking LLC
- Owner/Operator of StormKatt Productions LLC (writing/editing) and Hope Speaking (training/speaking)
- More than 20 years of experience in the corporate world in leadership and development
- Contracted with both private and public enterprises delivering live workshops throughout the world
- Written multiple books about leadership, communication, and writing
- Distinguished (highest) Toastmaster status; semi-finalist in the 2012 World Championship of Public Speaking
- Co-host of podcast and video channel CounterCultureWISE
- Professional editor and writer for multiple clients, including NPR
- B.A. degree in communications, University of Washington
- Can be contacted at [email protected], HopeSpeaking.com, Twitter® @hopespeaking, Facebook® facebook.com/hopespeakingllc, YouTube® youtube.com/hopespeaking, Pinterest® pinterest.com/hopespeaking, and LinkedIn® linkedin.com/in/hopespeaking
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.