Managing the process and identifying all the permits and conditions is critical.
Map out the process and the timing. Use critical path mapping or Gantt charting can be used effectively. Know every permit you need and the approval needed for each. Know which ones can overlap and which ones can be simultaneous. Allow sufficient time to prepare applications and documentation, and allow sufficient time for jurisdictions to review. This video provides tips on assigning coordination and roles and project management.
Milton G. Grew, AIA
Grew Design Inc
- Practicing architect for 30 years, designing hundreds of buildings; licensed in CT, NY and NJ
- Building official for 20 years providing code consulting services to building owners, design professionals and municipalities
- Director of Permits and Inspections for the Town of East Hartford for the last 8 years
- Past member of the AIA Codes & Standards Committee
- Past member of code development committees of the International Code Council
- Regularly teaches continuing education seminars for code officials and architects
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.