Learn tips to prevent suffering the consequences of incorrectly structured donations.
Planning that includes charitable contributions is a worthy goal and will serve the philanthropic interests of many clients. However, failure to meet requirements for the charitable deduction could result in no income tax deduction for the client, imposition of gift tax, and in some cases, even a penalty. For income tax deduction, make sure the distribution or set aside for charity is required or permitted under the terms of the governing instrument. This video reviews pitfalls to avoid with reporting requirements, unforeseen transfer tax, and issues with charitable gifts from estates and trusts.
Jonathan G. Blattmachr
- Principal at InterActive Legal
- More than 45 years of experience in trusts and estates law
- Former partner in Milbank (formerly, Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy) in New York
- Admitted to the bars in New York, California, and Alaska
- Wrote or co-wrote nine books and more than 500 articles on estate planning topics
- Writes and lectures extensively on estate and income tax planning, as well as charitable giving
- Editor of Wealth Transfer Planning and founder of InterActive Legal - www.interactivelegal.com
Vanessa L. Kanaga, Esq.
- CEO of InterActive Legal
- Former associate attorney at Milbank (formerly, Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy) and Moses & Singer in New York, and Hinkle Law Firm in Wichita, KS
- Advanced certificate in estate planning, New York University Law School; certificate in business strategy, Cornell University
- Author of several articles/blogs on estate planning topics
- Frequent presenter of online webinars and moderator of InterActive Legal's Roundtable webinar series
- Graduate, Wichita State University and Cornell Law School
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.