What rules are the DOL enforcing?
Within the salary basis test for white collar exemptions, salary basis means an employee regularly receives a predetermined amount of compensation each pay period on a weekly, or less frequent, basis. That amount cannot be reduced because of variations in the quality or quantity of work. The amount must be at least $455 per week. The court challenge to the 2016 rule started with the DOL publishing a regulation that raised the minimum salary to $913 and the federal court enjoins implementation. Watching this video for details on the 2017 steps that have occurred as well as proposals for change.
Calvin R. House
Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP
- Partner in the Pasadena, California law firm of Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP, where he de-fends and counsels employers on employment law matters
- Tried scores of employment cases to federal and state juries and judges and administrative tri-bunals
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on such employment law topics as wage and hour requirements, mandatory leave statutes, reasonable accommodation of disabilities, discrimina-tion, harassment, and wrongful termination
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and has achieved the highest rat-ing in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Previously practiced at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York, and in the Los Angeles office of what is now Norton Rose Fulbright
- J.D. and B.A. degrees, Columbia University
- Can be contacted at 626-449-2300, [email protected], or on Twitter @PasadenaCalvin
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.