Who is adopting South Dakota style laws?
While some states tested the limits of the physical presence law, there were some states that adopted other statutes and rules in which they blew past physical presence whatsoever. Justice Kennedy’s call to action had states start to adopt laws that were designed to target the physical presence requirements would wait to see if something would get challenged. The first law was in South Dakota mandating the collection of sales tax without any in-state physical presence if sales exceed $100,000 or 200 transactions. This video reviews the South Dakota law, as well as states with economic nexus laws and collection without nexus laws.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Emphasizes his practice on federal, state, and local taxation law and is certified as a tax law specialist by the Arizona State Bar
- On June 15, 2017, he received the State Bar of Arizona’s Top Tax Attorney award
- Has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America since 1995 and has been listed in Southwest Super Lawyers for state, local, and federal taxation since 2007
- In his extensive state and local tax practice, he advises and represents his business clients on corporate and individual income, sales, use, and property tax matters, including litigation of those matters at all levels audits and appeals through various administrative stages, the tax court, court of appeals and Supreme Court
- Represents clients in tax litigation as well as counsels them on the state and local tax implications of their business transactions
- Frequent lecturer on state and local tax subjects to a wide variety of professional audiences
- J.D. degree, University of Southern California Law School; LL.M. degree in taxation, George Washington University School of Law; M.B.A. degree, University of Southern California Marshall School of Business; B.A. degree, Loyola University of Los Angeles
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
Karen Jurichko Lowell
- Associate the Phoenix office of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Focuses practice on sales, use, and property tax matters, including tax audits and appeals through various administrative stages, the tax court, and the court of appeals
- Named to Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” for 2021
- Advises manufacturers, high tech companies, construction contractors and developers, electric utilities, solar energy companies, and other clients on various multistate sales and use tax issues, including advising e-commerce businesses on their multistate sales and use tax nexus and collection obligations
- Experienced with property tax valuation appeals for various types of industrial and commercial properties, corporate transactions, and health care taxes
- J.D. degree and Certificate of Tax Law and Policy, magna cum laude, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law; B.S. degree, University of Southern California
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.