Like State income tax withholding, companies must determine where to pay State unemployment taxes for employees working in multiple states.
When an employee performs services all in one state, the employer pays unemployment taxes to that State. When the employee performs services in multiple States you must determine where to pay unemployment tax to. An incorrect determination can result in paying double taxes in some states while paying penalties and interest for failing to pay taxes in other states. This video reviews four factors to determine which state to pay, SUTA dumping, and quarterly wage requirements.
Debbie Cash, CPP
- Business analyst-implementation at G&A Partners
- G&A Partners is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that offers payroll, human resources, benefits management, risk management, and accounting services for businesses
- Has more than 30 years of experience processing payroll and payroll taxes for various companies and professions
- Formerly a payroll tax/time and attendance specialist at Employer Advantage LLC, worked for Joplin R-8 school district, and worked as a payroll specialist at Missouri Southern State University
- Attended the International Tax Conference in Wisconsin and specialized in international tax for student visas
- Certified Payroll Professional certification
- Bachelor’s degree in general business and associate’s degree in accounting, Missouri Southern State University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 417-782-3909, ext. 148
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.