There are several traps for foreign companies and their tax advisors to watch out for.
One of those traps includes Public Law 86-272. P.L. 86-272 does not expressly apply to foreign commerce. It only applies to interstate commerce. What difference does that make? Interstate commerce is between the 50 states that make up the United States. Foreign commerce represents commerce between the 50 state and the foreign countries that are organized throughout the rest of the world. Two additional traps, one regarding federal tax treaties and the other regarding failure to file timely water’s edge election, are also discussed in this video.
Morris N. Robinson, Esq., CPA, LL.M.
M. Robinson & Company, P.C.
- Founder of M. Robinson & Company, P.C., Tax Law Specialists, a tax firm located in Boston's financial district since 2005
- Experienced tax lawyer and certified public accountant with more than 30 years of tax law practice
- Focuses his practice on federal, international, and multistate taxation of businesses and individuals; this includes tax planning for the sale of businesses and resolving highly complex tax issues under the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program
- Frequent speaker in front of local and national audiences on topics ranging from family-oriented tax planning to the tax and legal issues facing retirees living overseas
- Written numerous publications including “State Voluntary Disclosure Programs: An Overview,” Tax Analysts, State Tax Notes (January 18, 2016) and “Use State Voluntary Disclosure When Complying with Expanded Nexus,” Tax Analysts, State Tax Notes (February 29, 2016)
- Member of the American Academy of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants (president, New England Chapter), Boston Bar Association (Federal Tax Committee), and Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (State and Federal Tax Committees)
- J.D. and LL.M degrees, Boston University School of Law; B.S. degree, Babson College
- Can be contacted at 617-428-0055, [email protected], on LinkedIn®: https://www.linkedin.com/in/morrisrobinson, or on Twitter®: @MRobinsonCo
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.