State taxation is important and something you should be thinking about when you are creating or administering trusts.
State taxation of trusts is often what clients really care about when thinking about the relationship of a trust to a state. The state taxation of trusts is important – to the grantor that is trying to pass on as much wealth as possible to the beneficiaries; to the beneficiaries that want access to the greatest amount of wealth; and to the trustee who is potentially trying to earn as much as they can on the trust income, and more importantly has a fiduciary obligation to its beneficiaries. This video reviews general rules of state taxation of trusts, statutes, and the constitutionality of state rules.
Melissa M. Price
McDermott Will & Emery
- Private client attorney in New York, New York
- Partner at McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Practice includes various aspects of domestic and international estate and tax planning
- Speaks on numerous topics related to estate and tax planning
- Double degree of civil law (BCL) and common law (LLB) from McGill University Faculty of Law
- Member of the American Bar Association – Section of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or (212) 547-5892
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.