Whether you have large or small projects there are pros and cons to consider.
Owner controlled programs tend to put wrap-ups in place for specific reasons. Of course there is the money saving aspect but there are also many other reasons. They want to ensure that the coverage is there and they can be very specific in the contractual requirements. They want to control the claims and bring in local content. General contractors will have wrap-ups in place for other reasons, including defending against OCIPs. This video goes through both advantages and disadvantages to wrap-ups, as well as project-specific alternatives.
Michael B. Lapicola
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Partner in the law firm of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- National construction law practice, representing project owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, lenders and sureties in dozens of states across the United States
- Provides daily consultation to clients regarding procurement, licensing, liens, bonds, insurance, indemnity, delays, defects, changes, payment, termination and other construction project matters
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business — Construction, 2011-16
- Frequent speaker and has written several publications
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 303-607-3680 or [email protected]
- Currently a Senior Risk Manager for Gilbane Construction
- More than 30 years of experience in the risk management, insurance, and construction industries
- Is a National Risk Management resource
- Provides a rounded and measured advisory service, which includes contract review, risk transfer method, captive utilization, claims advice, and senior leadership consulting for program construction
- B.A. degree, North Park University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.