There are no magic words to request an accommodation.
You have an employee with anxiety and stress disorder that fails to engage in the interactive process. Now what? If the employee does not engage in the interactive process in good faith, as the employer you are not required to accommodate the employee. This video reviews case law regarding failures of employees to engage in the interactive process and what the outcomes of those cases were.
Kathleen M. Williams
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Member of the firm in the health care & life sciences and employment, labor & workforce management practices, Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Represents clients with regard to employment matters, including advice and counsel, compliance, investigations, and litigation
- Advising clients on and litigating employment, discrimination, harassment, disabilities, noncompete, wage and hour, and general litigation matters in state and federal courts, arbitrations, and administrative agencies
- Represents clients in investigating and defending whistle-blower and whistle-blower retaliation claims
- Provides advice and counsel on a range of employment issues, including negotiating employment agreements and severance agreements, employment issues related to acquisitions and mergers, reductions in force, and defending claims arising from those actions
- Provides advice and counsel on affirmative action plans, and defending such plans in investigations by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs and state and local agencies
- Provides advice and counsel with regard to the development of policies
- Investigates complaints and potential complaints
- Provides advice and counsel to boards
- Member, American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section; American Health Lawyers Association; District of Columbia Bar Association; Society for Human Resource Management
- J.D. degree, The George Washington University Law School; B.A. degree, University of Pennsylvania
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.