Learn about the privacy laws and regulations that apply when treating a minor or handling a minor’s records.
The laws that affect minor’s rights to confidentiality include HIPAA, which protects medical records and other personal health information; FERPA, which governs education records; and the most stringent of these three, 42 CFR Part 2, which involves the privacy and security of substance abuse records. This video reviews these three laws including the enforcing agencies, requirements and confidentiality issues.
Doriann H. Cain
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Attorney in the Indianapolis office of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Practice emphasizes regulatory aspects of health care, data privacy, and cyber security
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on HIPAA, state privacy and consent laws, and data security and privacy
- Indiana Security and Privacy Network, American Health Lawyers Association, Indiana State Bar Association Health Law Council, and American Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Loyola University Chicago School of Law; B.S. degree in health administration, Indiana University – Bloomington
- Can be contacted at 317-569-4837 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.