Make sense of soil reports and assessments.
Soil reports, like anything else, have a lot of background that is often in the small print and you may or may not have ready access to that information depending on the size and complexity of the project. This is why sampling design and methodologies are very important. This video reviews soil reports and soil map products and provides examples of site investigation.
Randy L. Davis
KD Yellow Rose Ranch
- Senior soil scientist and partner, KD Yellow Rose Ranch
- Expertise includes soil science, watershed stabilization and management, soil management and conservation, ecological restoration, forest management, rangeland management, wildfire area restoration and stabilization, and soil/ecological inventory
- Marquis Who's Who in America, 2005 to present
- Revised the National Soil Management Policy for the USDA Forest Service, 2011
- Publications include Wildland Forest Soil Carbon Management, 2011; co-wrote: Soil Resource Inventory of the Bridger National Forest, Western Unit, Wyoming, 1991; and co-wrote: Soil Resource Inventory of the Hiawatha National Forest, Eastern Unit, Parts of Chippewa and Mackinac Counties, Michigan, 1984
- B.S. degree in soils and plant nutrition, University of California, Berkeley; A.A. degree in botany, Yuba Community College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.