Review available methods to monitor these soil defects.
Corrosive soil come in two types – sulfates and chlorides. Sulfates dissolve concrete and chlorides cause rebar to swell and break concrete. Excess moisture is most commonly caused by poor surface water management and overwatering. The different types of construction monitoring for each types of these soil issues are discussed in this video, as well as mitigation efforts.
Thomas J. Bois, III
Thomas J. Bois, APC
- Partner with Thomas J. Bois, APC
- Practice emphasizes the representation and counseling of public and private businesses on a wide range of business, environmental, construction, real estate, and labor law issues
- Focus on counseling clients involving geotechnical issues as well as the defense and prosecution of soils remediation and repair related cost recovery suits
- Super Lawyer, environmental (2018-present); received the highest rating with Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory®
- Wrote four legal reference books and has published articles
- J.D. degree, St. Louis University School of Law; A.B. degree, magna cum laude, St. Michael’s College
- Can be contacted at 949-660-0022 or [email protected]
Bernard J. Luther
- CEO of Apllied Consultants, a full-service engineering firm
- Registered civil engineer, registered geologist, certified engineering geologist, certified hydrogeologist, A & B contractor, licensed well driller, and hazardous materials contractor in California
- Participated in and overseen 9,521 geotechnical, groundwater and forensic investigations
- Co-wrote two technical books and updated one book supplement, as well as numerous published articles focusing on water management
- J.D. degree, Thomas Jefferson School of Law; B.S. degree, San Diego State University
- Can be contacted at 619-275-6577 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.