Gain an understanding of different trust provisions.
Spousal Lifetime Access Trusts are an irrevocable trust that includes a spendthrift provision. The trust is funded with the donor spouse’s separate property up to the gift tax exemption. The donor spouse and the donee spouse may act as trustee, and the donee spouse has limited power to designate additional beneficiaries. This video reviews these provisions of a SLAT as well as other provisions and discusses why to avoid reciprocal trusts and offers examples of different trust provisions.
Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Member of the law firm of Dickinson Wright PLLC in Phoenix
- Practices primarily in the areas of estate planning, probate and trust administration, divorce tax and asset planning, and entity structuring, and taxation
- Has significant experience representing thousands of business clients and their families in connection with estate and tax planning
- National author and speaker at numerous seminars on areas of income, estate and gift taxation, probate and trust issues, and selection of business entities, and has been engaged as an expert witness in numerous tax and estate and trust related matters
- Listed as Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year – Trust and Estates” in Phoenix for 2016, 2018 and 2020; also listed in Southwest Superlawyers in the fields of tax, estate planning & probate, estate & trust litigation and listed in Chambers and Partners - high net worth field
Gregory V. Gadarian
Gadarian & Cacy, PLLC
- Partner in Gadarian & Cacy, PLLC in Tucson, Arizona
- Has been admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and the State Bar of Florida
- From 1978 - 1980 he was a legislation attorney on the staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, U.S. Congress
- Prior to that, he was an attorney-advisor to Judge Cynthia H. Hall of the U.S. Tax Court
- Former chair of the Fiduciary Income Tax Committee and former Arizona State chair of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and is an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona College of Law
- L.L.M. degree in taxation, New York University; J.D. degree, cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, Northwestern University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.