Review the new format of the auditor's report.
Years ago, along with the IAASB, the AICPA did some research and found that there were two views about the auditor's report. One group of people, primarily analysts, want as much information as they can get. The other group of people said they don't want to read a long report, just cut to the chase and give us the bottom line. In an attempt to make both groups happy, the current auditor's report has the opinion section first, and then the “Basis for Opinion” section which includes a statement that the auditor is required to be independent of the entity and to meet the auditor’s other ethical responsibilities, in accordance with the relevant ethical requirements relating to the audit. This video reviews other changes to the auditor's report including to the illustrative report, key audit matters, and discusses the expanded description of the responsibilities of the auditor.
Ahava Goldman, CPA, CGMA
Ahava Goldman, CPA, CGMA, AICPA
- Associate director, Audit & Attest Standards, AICPA
- Staff liaison to the AICPA Auditing Standards Board
- Supports ASB standard-setting activities, including development of authoritative and nonauthoritative guidance
- Supports the AICPA’s involvement in international standard setting
- Frequent presenter on auditing and attestation standards
- Member of AICPA and NYS Society of CPAs
- B.S. degree in accounting, magna cum laude, Stern College of Yeshiva University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.