Consensus policies moving in different direction.
IACP Consensus Policy and PERF have said lives can be saved by limiting when police can shoot at vehicles. But the Supreme Court has granted qualified immunity in certain situations. This video reviews several court cases in which the Supreme Court granted qualified immunity; and also discusses issues raised with police body worn cameras.
Wayne C. Beyer, Esq.
- Trial lawyer, author, presenter, former federal official and administrative appeals judge
- Lead counsel in over 300 police misconduct and corrections cases, including dozens of jury trials, involving Fourth Amendment excessive force, false arrest, illegal search, fatal shootings, positional asphyxia, cell suicide, pursuits, failure to render medical assistance, failure to protect, First Amendment, malicious prosecution, and wrongful conviction
- Assistant corporation counsel and assistant attorney general for the District of Columbia and outside counsel to New Hampshire’s Property and Liability Insurance Trust
- Presenter at national programs for Georgetown University Law Center, Defense Research Institute, the American Bar Association, the Federal Judicial Center for District and Magistrate Judges, and many webinars
- Author of law review and magazine articles on police misconduct, including the 1,540-page treatise and handbook, “Police Misconduct: A Practitioner’s Guide to Section 1983,” available from Juris Publishing at http://www.jurispub.com/ Bookstore/United-States/Police-Misconduct.html
- Member of New Hampshire and D.C. Bars, International Association of Chiefs of Police, National Sheriffs Association, and Police Executive Research Forum
- Formerly associate and partner at prominent New Hampshire law firms; chief of staff U.S. General Services Administration; and rendered 750 final decisions on employment and labor issues for the executive branch of the United States government as member, chairman, chief judge, U.S. Department of Labor Administrative Review Board and member Federal Labor Relations Authority
- Degrees from Dartmouth College, Harvard University, and Georgetown University Law Center
- Can be contacted at 603-356-5106 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.