What does the contract provide?
The first component of making the decision about arbitrating or litigating is selecting the forum. One thing that is important to make clear at should be understood is that arbitration is a creature of contract. No one has the right to demand that one arbitrates unless there is an actual contractual provision that states if a dispute arises then there must be arbitration. This video reviews the how to determine the scope of arbitration and how to select the arbitrator.
Howard S. Suskin
Jenner & Block LLP
- Partner in Jenner & Block LLP’s litigation department
- Substantial first-chair experience representing individuals and business entities in civil and criminal securities matters
- Co-chair of Jenner & Block LLP’s class action and securities litigation practices
- Members of the Leading Lawyers Network have consistently recognized his work in several areas, including class actions, commercial litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and securities and venture financing law
- Been named one of the Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation
- Illinois Super Lawyer named him a Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyer eight times
- He is on the faculty of Practicing Law Institute; and has lectured extensively; instructed legal writing at the University of Michigan Law School; and has published numerous treatises and articles on issues relating to arbitrations, class actions and securities law, including serving as editor and co-writer of the West Publishing Illinois Civil Litigation Guide, Moore’s Federal Civil Motion Practice and Pretrial Civil Litigation, the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education Treatise on Class Actions, and the ABA’s Annual Survey of State Class Action Litigation
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Michigan Law School; graduate, with distinction, elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Northwestern University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.