Learn how to ensure the accuracy of any Schedule K-1.
Do you know what software is being utilized to prepare Form 1065 and related K-1s at your company? Or what procedures and policies are in place for the preparer of the partnership tax return? Do you understand what the potential conflicts of interest could be? This video reviews these questions and discusses the terms of a partnership agreement or operating agreement.
T. Scott Tufts, Esq.
- Senior tax counsel, CPLS, P.A.
- Practice emphasizes helping clients who are faced with the filing of certain IRS forms that lead to disputes, as well as tax disputes with the IRS, probate, and Federal and state court disputes involving partners and members and estates
- Practice areas include the handling of IRS tax disputes, expert witnessing, and consultation with partners, members, and their practitioners that pertain to IRS Forms 8082 (notice of inconsistent treatment and erroneous K-1s), as well as IRS Forms 8886 (Reporting of Abusive Tax Shelters), SS-8 (worker classification), 1099-MISC (independent contractors), W-2c/ Form 4852 (Substitute Form W-2 or Form 1099-R); Form 211 (whistle-blowers), Form 3949-A (referral of alleged violations of the tax laws), Form 14242 (suspected abusive tax promotions or promoters), Form 14039 (stolen identity and use of your SSN), Form 14157 (reporting of fraud or abusive tax scheme by preparer), and Form 13909 (reporting of suspect misconduct or wrongdoing of tax-exempt or employee plan)
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on areas focused on whistle-blowers and the handling of IRS disputes, as well as in the areas of probate and tax, and partnership and LLC matters
- Wrote several publications: “Evaluating LLC Operating Agreements Containing ‘Carte Blanche’ Authority and Right to Rely Provisions Purporting to Release Third Parties from Any Duty to Inquire,” Tax Section Bulletin, Florida Bar, Tax Section, Vol. XXIX, No. 2, p. 7, 10-26 (Fall 2013); “AD Global and the Statute of Limitations for TEFRA Partnerships: Will the TMP Ever Have to Stop Looking in the Rear View Mirror for the IRS,” Tax Section Bulletin, Florida Bar, Tax Section, Vol. XXIV, No.2, p.14, pp.25-29 (February 2006); “It Ain’t Over ‘Til It’s Over: When Partnership Tax Vessels Make Ill-Advised Journeys and Wind-Up at Harbor Cove Marina,” Journal of Business Entities (September/October 2004); “What IRS Form 8082 Can Do For You (and to you!) and Your Closely-Held Partnership Now that the IRS’ K-1 Matching Program is Underway,” BNA Tax Management Real Estate, Vol. 19, No. 12 (December 3, 2003); and “Are Single-Member LLCs a Ticking Time-Bomb for Asset Protection?” (Are Single-Member LLCs of Any Utility for Asset Protection after the Florida Supreme Court’s Decision in Olmstead?), ABA Teleconference (August 24, 2010)
- LL.M. degree in taxation, University of Miami School of Law; J.D. degree, Wake Forest University School of Law; B.S. degree in accounting, Florida State University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.