Income or Loss From Rental Real Estate and Royalties
In Schedule E – Part I an entire page is devoted to reporting the income or loss from rental real estate and royalties. Space is provided for the reporting of three properties. Additional properties or royalties may be listed on subsequent copies of Schedule E or a similar substitute format as long as the net total of all the properties are reported on Line 26, “Total rental real estate and royalty income or (loss)”. This video reviews landlord facts and royalty income losses; and limits on rental losses.
IRS CIRCULAR 230
Any tax advice included in this written or electronic communication was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding any penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer by any governmental taxing authority or agency.
Marcia L. Miller, M.B.A., E.A.
Financial Horizons, Inc.
- President and owner of Financial Horizons, Inc., a full service accounting and tax firm
- Enrolled agent entitled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service
- 40 years of accounting, tax and management consulting in South Florida for a practice with an emphasis on representing small business owners in all aspects of taxes, employment and labor issues, pensions, estate planning as well as federal, state (nationwide) and foreign mandatory reporting
- Federal appointment successfully completed for a three year term to the Internal Revenue Service's Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC)
- Author, speaker and teleconference expert, for various national companies and accounting organizations at their annual conferences, lecturing on a multitude of tax, technical and non-technical topics focusing on the areas of tax planning, management and health care reform
- Managing director, Transition Advisors, LLC, leading CPAs through transition with succession and M & A strategies
- Live presenter at the 2016 CCH Annual User's Conference and FICPA Chapter meetings regarding Succession Planning for CPAs
- Previous nationwide presenter of tax legislative seminars for Thomson Reuters' Bell Learning Series on current business taxation and accounting issues
- Former adjunct professor at Nova Southeastern University's H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship
- M.B.A. and B.B.A. degrees, University of Miami School of Business
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.