Learn how to transfer these assets into a trust.
Depending on the type of asset your client is looking to transfer into a trust they may be able to handle it on their own or they made need some assistance. Savings bonds used to be a headache to transfer a title into a trust, but they have recently centralized their operations and are much easier to work with. Financial advisors may be able to help with marketable securities. Each scenario has its own details to review when it comes to transferring to a trust. This video reviews these different types of trusts and discusses how best to manage transferring them into a trust.
Thomas J. Murphy
Murphy Law Firm, Inc.
- Has been an attorney since 1982 and has been practicing law in Phoenix, Arizona since 1989
- Practice focuses on probate law, which deals with administering the estates of deceased or incapacitated persons; estate planning, which deals with wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and related documents; elder law, which deals with protecting the interests of the elderly when dealing with nursing home and other health care issue as well as end-of-life issues; and tax law and planning for the disabled and those with special needs
- Written nearly 100 articles that have been published in many national and state professional journals writing on a wide variety of legal and tax matters
- Has spoken to thousands of attorneys, accountants, and financial advisors and has appeared on several local television and radio stations to discuss tax and legal issues affecting the elderly and their families
- A sought-after panelist for numerous nationally broadcasted seminars and webcasts for elder law attorneys; and was recently selected to speak at the 2018 Aging in America conference, the largest conference of its kind in the country with over 3,000 attendees
- Served on numerous state and county bar association committees and was selected to be the State Bar representative to the Arizona Supreme Court’s Committee on Reform of Lower Jurisdiction Courts
- One of the most experienced trial attorneys in the Southwest, having been the sole or lead counsel in over 100 jury trials; has successfully litigated cases in the United States Tax Court, the Arizona Tax Court, and the Arizona Board of Tax Appeals and has represented clients before all levels of the Internal Revenue Service and Arizona Department of Revenue
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.