You have PHI – now what?
Protected health information (PHI) is individually identifiable health information created or received by a covered entity or business associate which relates to past, present, or future health care or payment for health care. PHI that is sent or stored electronically is electronic PHI, which is maintained or transmitted in electronic form. This video reviews how to safeguard the PHI your company holds and discusses the importance of establishing policies and procedures limiting PHI disclosure.
The Benefits Practice
- Associate in the New Orleans office of Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Focuses on employee benefits, including retirement and welfare plans and health care reform
- Has particular expertise in Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance including defending companies against employer mandate penalties and preparing 1095-C reporting; she also focuses on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and data breaches involving health plan information
- Before joining the firm, she was a Simpson Thacher fellow with the Harvard Project on Disability and practiced for two years in New York as a transactional attorney
- Was included in Louisiana Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2016
- J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; A.B. degree, cum laude, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.