Learn who can give authorization and acknowledge receipt of privacy notices.
For routine or recurring requests and disclosures, covered entities must implement reasonable policies and procedures, which may be standard protocols, to limit the information disclosed or requested. For non-routine disclosures and requests, covered entities must develop reasonable criteria for determining and limiting the disclosure or request to the minimum necessary for the intended purpose, and review and limit each disclosure or request on an individual basis in accordance with these criteria. This video reviews these two types of disclosures and discusses responsibility for the Notice of Privacy and how to deal with privacy and parents as representatives of minors.
Rhonda Granja, B.S., CMC, CMA, CPC, CMOM
Rhonda Granja Consulting
- Independent medical consultant
- Past faculty member for Practice Management Institute
- Lead instructor at The Medical Management Institute
- Speaker at the 2014 AMBA National Conference
- McVey seminar leader
- Panel speaker for The Coding Leader
- Panel speaker at Compliance World
- Exhibitor at NAMAS National Conference 2019
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.