CMS requires that relying hospital monitor performance.
The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services has adopted a reliance rule for credentialing and privileging decisions. This rule permits a governing body of a hospital or critical access hospital to rely on credentialing and privileging decisions made by distant-site hospitals or telemedicine entities when making privileging decisions for practitioners who provide telemedicine services, as long as certain conditions are met. Watch this video for a breakdown of this reliance rule and the required provisions.
Nadia de la Houssaye
Jones Walker LLP
- Partner with Jones Walker LLP where she serves as chair of the firm's telemedicine section
- More than 20 years’ experience in implementing telemedicine systems while carefully addressing and advising clients on critical legal, operational, and technical issues
- Co-founded one of the first teleradiology companies in the state of Louisiana in 1997, and served as the company's general counsel until 2004, when the company merged with NightHawk Radiology Services, the largest teleradiology company in the United States at the time
- Although her practice covers all areas of health care law, her passion and focus involves the integration of interstate telehealth/telemedicine platforms, especially in rural areas with physician shortages and the need for remote monitoring of chronic medical conditions
- Represented hospitals, health systems, providers and start-ups in the integration of telemedicine platforms
- Her practice emphasizes strategic counseling and creative business modeling to incorporate “best practices,” especially with respect to multistate licensure and scope of practice issues
- Can be contacted at 337-593-7600 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.