Mitigate contractual risk by understanding restrictive covenants and liability limitations.
Restrictive covenants prevent employees or vendors from accepting certain types of work or engaging in certain types of competition with your company. Two key parameters to define are the temporal and geographic scope, however, defining the prohibited field of endeavor is equally important. Courts are often reluctant to enforce restrictive covenants out of concern about unduly restricting employees from working or competition generally. This video reviews restrictive covenants in contracts and discusses liability limitations and common categories of damages.
Francis X. Taney, Jr.
Taney Legal LLC
- 25 years of experience with both negotiation of professional service contracts and litigation arising from such contracts
- Tried approximately 50 cases to verdict or award in bench and jury trials, arbitrations, and other administrative proceedings
- Has coordinated the legal strategies for close to 100 technology-based startup companies
- Recognized by The Legal Intelligencer with the Lawyer on the Fast Track award, named as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star, and named to the SmartCEO's Legal Elite list
- Featured legal commentator on Fox Business Network “Money for Breakfast” and CNBC “Power Lunch” segments
- Selected published works include: "Technology Transactions and Effective Litigation Management," chapter, Inside the Minds: Technology Law Client Strategies, 2007; "Navigating the IT Outsourcing and Procurement Process," chapter, CIO Wisdom II: More Best Practices – Harris Kern Enterprise Computing Institute, 2006; and "Securing the Whole Enterprise: Business and Legal Issues," an article he co-wrote with Thomas Costello, IT Professional, 2006
- Can be contacted at 215-514-8736 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.