Do you know the who, what and when of releasing PHI?
You are required to release personal health information under HIPAA to the patient under the patient’s right to access, as well as Health and Human Services. There are certain cases where federal and state agencies are able to get PHI as well. In this video our speaker, Jeffery Drummond, reviews the ins and out of required, permitted and prohibited releases, as well as discusses questions to ask to determine data obligations.
Jeffery P. Drummond
Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- Partner in the healthcare section of Jackson Walker L.L.P.
- Represents hospitals, physicians and physician groups, other healthcare providers, and healthcare technology companies
- Regularly advises clients regarding compliance with healthcare, pharmaceutical, and tax exemption laws and regulations, including the federal Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute
- Frequent speaker on medical record privacy and security issues, HIPAA, and cybersecurity
- Maintains a blog on HIPAA and other medical records matters at www.hipaablog.blogspot.com
- Adjunct professor of health law, Naveen Jindal School of Management at The University of Texas at Dallas
- J.D. degree, The University of Texas; B.A. degree, University of Dallas
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 214-953-6000
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.