Learn why some state laws may provide more protections to consumers than the federal Truth in Lending Act.
Rental Purchase Agreements, or rent-to-own agreements, are where a consumer agrees to pay a certain sum to rent the item, and the rental company agrees that if the consumer pays the rent for a set period of time, the item will become the property of the consumer with no further payment due. Although rental purchase agreements are not credit sales, they are not considered to be true leases. This video reviews why some courts have been willing to recognize the reality of lease-purchase agreements, and have concluded that rental purchase agreements may be treated as credit sales.
Mark D. Belongia
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Partner in the Chicago office of Johnson & Bell, Ltd.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of financial regulatory areas, such as consumer lending and banking
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on lending and debt collection
- Author of several publications related to the areas of lending to all types of consumers and proper methods of the collection of this debt
- Member of the Chicago, Illinois, and American Bar Associations
- J.D. degree, DePaul University College of Law; B.S.B.A. degree in accounting, Drake University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-984-0271
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.