These provisions are important and can create pitfalls if they are understood.
Indemnification, insurance and limitation of liability provisions can impact one another. For example, do you want indemnity to be limited to insurance? do you want indemnity to be excluded from limitation of liability? can and should you have cross?references? This video reviews the answers to these questions and explains the relationship between insurance and limitation of liability provisions.
Kenneth M. Gorenberg
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Partner in the Chicago office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of insurance coverage for corporate policyholders, including litigating insurance disputes, collaborating with brokers and risk managers during policy procurement, assisting with due diligence and drafting of risk allocation provisions in transactional contracts, and litigating indemnification disputes
- Practice also includes commercial litigation and product liability and toxic tort defense, practices nationally and has won trials and appeals in state and federal courts across the country
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous insurance coverage issues, including limitation of liability, indemnification, and insurance provisions in business contracts
- Author of several publications related to the areas of insurance coverage, toxic tort litigation, and commercial litigation
- Fellow of American College of Coverage Counsel; member of American Bar Association; member of Defense Research Institute
- J.D. degree, University of Chicago Law School; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of Pennsylvania
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-214-5609
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.