Get permission for your sign before you post it.
Just because it’s your land doesn’t mean that you can put up a sign wherever you want. Do your due diligence prior to committing to any parcel. Many municipalities have a general sign permit application if no variances are requested and a site plan is not being submitted. Most municipalities will have ordinances regulating sign area and content, which prohibits signs advertising a product or business conducted other than on the premises where the sign is erected or establishes maximum height or area for a sign. This video reviews signs as part of a site plan application, special considerations, and the objector’s view to a billboard or sign application.
Robert F. Simon, Esq.
Herold Law, P.A.
- Co-managing director in the office of Herold Law, P.A., Warren, New Jersey
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of land use regulation before local zoning and planning boards; real estate-related litigation including land use, tenancy, tax appeal, condemnation, foreclosure and title actions; and residential and commercial real estate transactions
- Qualified as an expert witness in State and Federal Court
- Former Planning and Zoning Board Chairman
- Chairman of District XIII Fee Arbitration Committee, New Jersey Office of Attorney Ethics
- J.D. degree, Yeshiva University, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law; B.A. degree, The Johns Hopkins University
- New Jersey Bar Association, Land Use Law Section
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 908-647-1022
Katharine A. Coffey
Day Pitney LLP
- Partner in the New Jersey office of Day Pitney LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of commercial and multi-family development and redevelopment, including land use and zoning, rezoning, affordable housing, redevelopment law, financial incentives and real estate transactions
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous redevelopment, landlord-tenant law and other real estate topics
- Author of several publications on variances, fraud claims on property sales, Permit Extension Act and other real estate topics
- J.D. degree, Emory University School of Law; B.A. degree, Washington & Lee University, cum laude
- Member of Morris County Bar Association, Land Use Committee, Co-chair; New Jersey Women Lawyers Association, 2010-Present
- Can be contacted at (973) 966-8323 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.