There are more than 1000 federal recordkeeping requirements.
When it comes to the legal hold obligation a law has emerged that says an attorney has a duty to preserve only arises when you reasonably anticipate litigation. Absent a claim, business reasons and compliance laws dictate what is retained. This video reviews guidelines for how long to voluntarily keep documents including email and voicemail.
Mark P. Henriques
Womble Bond Dickinson
- Partner in the Charlotte office of Womble Bond Dickinson, your transatlantic firm close to home
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of e-discovery and business litigation
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on contract drafting, e-discovery, litigation strategy, and managing legal spend
- J.D. and B.A. degree, Law Review and Order of the Coif, University of Virginia
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or on Twitter® @cltlawyer
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.