It’s not always as clear as being told “I’ve been discriminated against.”
There are times when complaints of discrimination go unheard because of the context in which the complaint was said. It’s important to listen for key buzzwords when an employee comes to you, and then to start with the follow-up questions to understand whether or not you are dealing with a discrimination situation. This video reviews the questions to ask the employee and how to recognize different types of discrimination.
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Partner in Denver office of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment, with particular emphasis on EEOC and OFCCP class action litigation and systemic discrimination investigations
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous key labor and employment areas including, but not limited to, EEOC and OFCCP defense, affirmative action compliance, conducting workplace investigations, and FLSA and ADA/FMLA compliance
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of the EEOC and OFCCP’s systemic discrimination initiatives and FLSA/wage and hour collective and class actions
- Former in-house head of International Labor & Employment compliance at The WhiteWave Foods Company and The Gates Corporation
- J.D. degree, University of Denver Sturm College of Law; B.A. degree in political science, Amherst College
- Can be contacted at 303-583-9918 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.