Lessons learned from recent prosecutions, rulings and settlements.
In October 2010, the Department of Justice announced their intention to pursue individuals; and the case law started pouring in, in fact, Lew Morris, from the Office of Inspector General, noted in his 2011 Congressional testimony that large providers may consider settlements “cost of doing business.” This video reviews several cases and strategies to minimize the risk of a lawsuit.
Robert A. Wade, Esq.
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Partner in the office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of health care compliance, including developing, monitoring, and documentation of an effective compliance program
- Served as the compliance expert to the Board of Commissioners of Halifax Health, advising the hospital on all aspects of their corporate integrity agreement
- Has experience in representing health care clients with respect to issues being investigated by the Department of Justice and the Office of Inspector General and negotiating and implementing Corporate Integrity Agreements
- Assists clients in documenting and defending financial arrangements between health care providers, including referring physicians, as being fair market value and commercially reasonable
- Has operationally practical experience, having served as a general counsel and organizational integrity officer for a multihospital system for 6 1/2 years
- Host of Stark Integrity: The Stark Law and Compliance Podcast
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous health care laws, which includes the False Claims Act, Stark Law, and the Anti-Kickback Statute
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of health care law
- Best Lawyers In America®, health care law, 2009-2014; Indiana Super Lawyers, 2009-2015
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Bowling Green State University
- Can be contacted at 574-237-1107 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.