What are financial statements?
Financial statements are formally recorded financial activities of a business entity or company. They are written reports that document financial strengths, financial performance and general liquidity of a company at either a specific point in time or over a period of time. Financial statements are generally prepared to be analyzed and are used to measure company performance. In short, analysis is the underlying purpose for preparing financial statements. Watch this video for a review of important terminology included in financial statements.
John D. O'Grady
- Manager in the Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group at EisnerAmper LLP
- Specializes in fraud and forensic accounting, business valuations, commercial damages assessments, and family and civil court matters
- Has performed valuation and other services for a broad range of industries, he has particular expertise in the professional services, manufacturing, retail, not-for-profit, health care, and real estate sectors
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE); a member of the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), where he previously served as treasurer of the New Jersey chapter; and an associate member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- M.A. degree in accounting, St. Peter’s University; B.A. degree in accounting, The College of New Jersey
- Can be contacted at 732-243-7416
- Senior in the Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group at EisnerAmper LLP
- Specializes in fraud and forensic accounting, business valuations, commercial damages assessments, and complex data-intensive analyses
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA); member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA); member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- B.S. degree in finance from Drexel University; M.B.A. from Drexel University
- Can be contacted at 215-881-8313
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.