Don't be intimidated by depositions.
Some attorneys may find themselves intimidated by the idea of depositions and often do not understand how to take the mystery out of taking a deposition. The main purpose of taking a deposition is to gather information. Trial preparation should be the focus of any deposition; however, depositions may also be used to preserve witness testimony. This video reviews the purpose of depositions and how they can be used in trial.
Law Office of J.D. Smith PLLC
- Veteran personal injury attorney at Law Office of J.D. Smith, PLLC
- Prior claims adjuster, underwriter and defense attorney
- 60 civil jury trials to verdict; more than 100 arbitrations and more than 1,000 depositions
- Former member of the American Bar Association (ABA) House of Delegates; former president of the Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division; advocate member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Professionalism Award, Washington State Association of Justice (WSAJ)
- Instructor for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- J.D. degree, Texas A&M School of Law, undergraduate degree, Texas Wesleyan University
- Can be contacted at 206-588-8530 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.