How do these policies affect indemnification?
Many projects employ Owner Controlled Insurance Policies (OCIPs) or WRAP Policies. These are policies designed to cover all contractors on the project. Usually subcontractors contribute to the cost or give a credit for the insurance savings they incur. Warning! Many of the policies contain exceptions which require indemnitors to cover losses before the insurance will apply. This video reviews these policies and discusses negotiating indemnification provisions.
Durazzo, Eckel & Hawkins, PLLC
- Partner in the office of Durazzo, Eckel & Hawkins, PLLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of construction law and business law (both litigation and transactional work)
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous construction law matters, employment law and business practices
- Author of several articles regarding construction law and presenter at CLE classes, Seminars and Workshops on indemnification, construction contracts and other matters
- Taught a seminar “Employment Law for Construction Attorneys” at 2018 National Conference of National Subcontractors Association
- Advised trade organizations regarding statutory indemnification reform in Arizona
- Arizona Construction Bar Section Board of Directors
- J.D. degree, James E. Rogers College of Law, University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 520-792-0448
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.