ADA is part of a long-term societal trend of inclusiveness.
The Americans with Disabilities Act is a civil rights law administered by the Department of Justice and, unlike design codes, it builds on previous handicap laws. The ADA gives specific mandates however the mandates should be seen as a floor, not a ceiling as they can’t cover every situation. This video reviews different disabilities to address, as well as policy establishment; and discusses variances and how the DOJ is involved in complaints.
Michael A. Wilmore, P.E.
Wilmore Engineering, LLC
- Project manager with the Baltimore City Department of Transportation for nearly ten years and over 25 years in private practice as a consulting engineer for various public and private clients primarily relating to roadways, parks, and development sites
- Practice focal areas are the assessments, design, review, administrative oversight, and construction of new and retrofitted trails, sidewalks, paths, intersections, and building entrances from rural to ultra-urban areas
- Frequent speaker and creator of original technical and project-specific content to professional associations, students, and the public covering design, permits, administration, and construction of transportation-related civil engineering
- Emphasis on human factors and context-appropriate engineering has led to many projects and personal awards, designation as a forensic expert witness, peer reviewer for the Transportation Research Board, and leadership roles with professional and community groups
- M.B.A. degree, University of Maryland; B.S. degree in engineering, University of Kentucky
- Can be contacted at 443-250-9227 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.