Take the lead before voir dire.
Preparation is everything and a good amount of work happens before you even meet one potential juror. Procedural details can be specific to jurisdiction and it’s up to you to know the details of whichever courthouse you are in. Sometimes the courts will handle questioning and there could be time limits. You may or may not have access to juror information forms. Even the details on how the venire will be seated and advance into the box could be available to you. Gather as much information as you can beforehand.
- Vice-president, ThemeVision, LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Selected juries and conducted jury research in civil and criminal cases pending in state and federal courts throughout the United States
- Ph.D., Northwestern University; M.L.S. degree, University of Nebraska; M.S. degree, Northwestern University; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, Wright State University
- Can be contacted at 317-261-7951 or [email protected]
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Attorney with Barnes & Thornburg LLP; trial consultant with ThemeVision LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Participated in jury selection in civil and criminal cases
- Emmy award-winning journalist who helps clients communicate to juries effectively and persuasively
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law; B.J. degree, Carleton University
- Can be contacted at 612-367-8712 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.