Know the importance of proper formation documents.
There are three reasons for proper formation documents, starting with compliance with jurisdictional statute requirements. Each state has its own specific statute requirements for formation documents and it’s important to research these requirements before drafting the formation documents to ensure the state requirements are met. The second reason for proper formation documents is setting up the entity to succeed with its governance; and the third reason is entity driven document requirements. This video delves into these reasons and discusses the different business and entity type formation documents, the importance of noticing and holding proper meetings and record retention policies and cybersecurity.
Brenna C. Dickey, RP
Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
- Paralegal in the Portland Office of Miller Nash LLP
- Member of Miller Nash’s Business Forms Task Force
- A PACE® Registered paralegal in Miller Nash LLP’s business department, assisting our firm’s clients and attorneys with corporate formation and maintenance, transaction due diligence review, and mergers and acquisitions
- Author of various publications related to the area of business
- Presenter on various issues related to the area of business
- B.A. degree in Political Science, University of Oregon; B.A. degree in Journalism (News Editorial), University of Oregon; Post-Graduate Paralegal Certificate; University of California, Los Angeles
- Member of various bars and associations
- Named the Oregon Paralegal Association’s Outstanding Member of the Year several times and was awarded OPA’s President Award
Lisa M. Dembiczak
Miller Nash LLP
- Corporate Paralegal in the Seattle Office of Miller Nash LLP
- Assists the firm’s attorneys with the formation and dissolution of domestic and foreign corporations and limited liability companies, and provides support on business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. Lisa handles ongoing corporate maintenance for the firm’s corporate clients.
- Has experience with securities compliance filings and the administration of service of process for corporate clients
- Assisted with the preparation of corporate documents and filings related to the sale of an internet software and services company. Managed DocuSign closing with approximately 40 closing documents and multiple signers
- Assisted with the acquisition of a software development company by a global consulting company. Created and managed a complex data room, assisted with closing documents, and managed the signature process.
- Assisted with a Canadian company’s acquisition of two U.S.-based car dealerships. Managed information on purchaser entities and the Motor Vehicle Dealer Endorsement application process.
- University of Washington Extension, Paralegal Certificate; Washington State University, B.A degree
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.