Know the importance of proper formation documents.
There are three reasons for proper formation documents, starting with compliance with jurisdictional statute requirements. Each state has its own specific statute requirements for formation documents and it’s important to research these requirements before drafting the formation documents to ensure the state requirements are met. The second reason for proper formation documents is setting up the entity to succeed with its governance; and the third reason is entity driven document requirements. This video delves into these reasons and discusses the different business and entity type formation documents, the importance of noticing and holding proper meetings and record retention policies and cybersecurity.
Lisa M. Dembiczak
Miller Nash LLP
- Paralegal in the Seattle office of Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
- Handles ongoing corporate maintenance for the firm’s corporate clients; she assists the firm's attorneys with the formation and dissolution of domestic and foreign corporations and limited liability companies, and provides support on business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; has experience with securities compliance filings and the administration of service of process for corporate clients
- B.A. degree, Washington State University; paralegal certificate, University of Washington
- Can be contacted at http://www.millernash.com/lisa-m-dembiczak/
Brenna C. Dickey, RP
Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP
- PACE® Registered paralegal in Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP’s business department, assisting the firm's clients and attorneys with transaction due diligence review, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate formation and maintenance; she joined Miller Nash in 1998; before joining the firm she worked as an in-house litigation paralegal for Hilton Hotels Corporation
- Member of the Oregon Paralegal Association and the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
- Named Outstanding Local Leader Award by the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc., October 2019; awarded the Oregon Paralegal Association's Outstanding Member of the Year three times and OPA's President Award twice, and served as OPA's Corporate Specialty Group Chair
- B.A. degree in political science, University of Oregon; B.A. degree in journalism, news editorial, University of Oregon; post-graduate paralegal certificate, University of California, Los Angeles
- Full biography can be viewed at http://www.millernash.com/professionals/xpqProfDet.aspx?xpST=ProfessionalDetail&professional=1156&op=ceYZ&ajax=no
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.