Selling, closing or transitioning a medical practice – what happens to the medical records?
When the practice changes, as pertaining to record retention, a best practice (and some may be required to) would be to notify patients to ensure continuity of care. It’s not just as simple as sending a letter to each active patient. You must consider registered mail for minors, high-risk patients or guardianship patients. This video reviews best practices for handling medical records when dealing with a sale, closing or transitioning of a medical practice.
Scott R. Cook
Tyson & Mendes LLP
- Partner at Tyson & Mendes LLP’s Las Vegas office
- Experience includes all aspects of general liability, complex and mass tort litigation, insurance, health care, regulatory law, and business litigation
- Experience extends to catastrophic injury/damage, complex/mass litigation in tort, multistate litigation, environmental litigation, explosion/fire litigation, health care law, employer/employment law, and insurance law
- Has managed litigation for a multi-state insurance carrier and was a managing partner for a national law firm
- Received awards from the Colorado Defense Lawyer’s Association, the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, the Self-Insurance Institute of America, the American Legal Administrators, and received the Legal Excellence Award from Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, a Rocky Mountain Region Super Lawyer by Vegas Inc., a Top Lawyer by Desert Companion Top Lawyer – Complex Litigation, one of America’s Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators in Nevada, a Top Attorney of the Mountain States, and was recognized as a Lifetime Achievement Member by America’s Top 100 Attorneys
- J.D. degree, University of Nebraska College of Law; B.A. degree, in Political Science/International Relations, University of Nebraska
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.