Disabled for purposes of workers’ compensation may be different than ADA or FMLA.
For workers’ compensation the employee’s disability can be considered total or partial, and the employee with the disability is considered injured and unable to work and earn wages. Unlike ADA and FMLA, workers’ compensation is focused on wage loss and payment for medical treatment. This video reviews the interplay of qualifying disabilities, medical inquiries and examinations, returning to work, and discusses the importance of understanding that leave depends on the laws of the state in which the employee is working.
Lauri A. Kavulich
Clark Hill PLC
- Member of Clark Hill PLC, a national law firm, in the labor and employment practice group, and the managing member of the Philadelphia office
- Serves as both a litigator and consultant to clients of the firm in the areas of labor and employment law (such as the ADA, Title Vll, the ADEA, FMLA) § 1983 civil rights litigation, FELA and workers' compensation
- Regularly consults with employers regarding best practices to avoid exposure for additional employment claims arising from workers' compensation claims
- Certified as a workers’ compensation law specialist in Pennsylvania
- Has been practicing workers’ compensation and employment law for 28 years
- Named a Super Lawyer (top 5% of lawyers) every year from 2004 to present
- Past chair of the Philadelphia Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section
- Regularly lectures to national audiences in the area of the employment law, and most specifically, the interaction of FMLA, ADA and workers’ compensation
- J.D. degree, Villanova University School of Law
- Can be contacted at 215-640-8527 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.