You need to look at what the relationship that is attempted to be contracted really involves.
Owners, general contractors, and subcontractors will look at this differently. There are different factors to consider including what is more important – control, quality, time or money; what is the payment method and its regularity; and what is more important between design control by owner/architect, or design delegation to general contractor. This video reviews how to identify goals and objectives, and provides an analysis of alternative approaches to pricing arrangements.
Scott R. Halloin
Halloin Law Group
- Shareholder with Halloin Law Group
- For 28 years his practice has focused on complex commercial and residential construction disputes, including contract disputes, code compliance, delay claims and design disputes
- Regular speaker on the Actual and Discrete Cost Method, Total Cost Method, Modified Total Cost Method, and modifications to the Total Cost Method
- Wrote a Wisconsin Construction Design Law, which was included in the American Bar Association's State-by-State Guide to Construction and Design Law
- Regular speaker at continuing legal education seminars on construction issues, including “Guaranteed Maximum Price Contracts,” “Managing Construction Projects,” “AIA Construction Contracts,” and “Managing Construction Claims”
- Licensed to practice in Wisconsin and Illinois
- J.D. degree, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Lawrence University
- Can be contacted at 414-732-2424 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.