We have a great system in the United States for establishing the ownership to private property but it’s not perfect.
There are different kinds of interest that exist by state and federal law in real estate that do not depend upon the public land records for their enforceability. Whether the record title holder or alternatively the occupant will prevail will depend upon whether the requirements of the law governing adverse possession have been met. This video reviews a list of perils that face those who buy, invest or lend against real estate, that are beyond the reach of real estate records.
Duane H. Wunsch
Fidelity National Title Group, Inc.
- Wisconsin State Counsel for Fidelity National Title Group
- Over 30 years of experience, including searching and examining titles, closing transactions, and handling title insurance claims
- Member of the State Bar of Wisconsin and the Milwaukee Bar Association
- Past president of the Wisconsin Land Title Association
- J.D. degree, Emory University; B.A degree, University of Wisconsin-Madison
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.