Who is affected by the Fair Labor Standards Act?
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal law which establishes minimum wage, overtime pay eligibility, recordkeeping, and child labor standards affecting full-time and part-time workers in the private sector and in federal, state, and local governments. All employees that hold positions determined to be covered under the mandatory overtime provisions of the FLSA are covered. Overtime-eligible employees must be compensated with overtime pay or compensatory time for all hours worked over 40 in a single workweek. All overtime-eligible employees must fill out a Time and Attendance Record in order to comply with FLSA standards. This video reviews why churches should be aware of threshold increases and discusses FLSA exempt and nonexempt employees.
Kadenia Williams-Javis, MBA, RTRP
Javis Financial Services LLC
- President/CEO of Javis Financial Services LLC, established in 1998
- Holds the designation as an authorized electronic provider and electronic return originator with the Internal Revenue Service
- Open year-round to provide services in accounting, payroll, bookkeeping, tax preparations, insurance, credit restoration, and notary services
- Former IRS employee
- M.B.A. degree, Strayer; B.S. degree, Limestone College
- Can be contacted at 803-419-1001 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.