Don’t confuse pass-through claims with flow down clauses.
Pass?through claims arise in the situation where the owner causes the subcontractor to incur damages. The subcontractor cannot bring a claim directly against the owner because of a lack of privity. However, the subcontractor can bring a claim against the contractor who in turn can assert the claim against the owner on behalf of the subcontractor thereby creating the pass-through claim. This video reviews the pass-through concept and the Severin Doctrine.
Scott D. Cahalan
Smith, Gambrell & Russell, LLP
- Partner in the construction law and litigation section of Smith, Gambrell and Russell, LLP, an AmLaw 200 firm
- Part-time instructor of graduate courses in Design and Construction Law and Real Estate Development Law at the Georgia Institute of Technology
- General counsel to the Georgia Utility Contractor’s Association
- Practice includes all aspects of design and construction law from drafting and negotiating prime contractors, subcontracts, and purchase orders to mediating, arbitrating, and litigating construction disputes
- Drafted form construction contracts for the Associated Owners and Developers, a national organization
- Recognized by Chambers USA, The Best Lawyers in America, and Georgia Super Lawyers
- Frequent author and lecturer on construction law
- Member of the State Bar of Georgia, Northern District of Georgia, and 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- J.D. degree, with honors, University of Georgia; B.S. degree in construction engineering, Iowa State University
- Contact information [email protected], [email protected], or (404) 815-3711
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.