Who owns the IP – or will own the IP?
Ownership is another one of those areas where clients, companies, even lawyers, struggle. Ownership often needs to be proved and that isn’t as simple as it would seem to be. Ownership is critical to the future validity of the IP and is critical to the future viability of the entity that owns the IP. This video reviews ownership issues when IP is part of the original deal, when IP is a jointly developed result of a deal, and when to consider future changes of ownership.
Mark R. Privratsky
Ballard Spahr LLP
- Over twenty years’ experience handling complex commercial and intellectual property based transactions and dispute resolution
- Advises clients’ senior management to avoid risks, win disputes, and defend and enforce patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- Protects, transfers, and monetizes IP assets by writing and negotiating agreements on behalf of technology, manufacturing, and other clients
- Leads Ballard Spahr’s Minneapolis office’s intellectual property department and is a member of the firm’s Technology Committee
- Frequent lecturer on intellectual property issues
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in America and as a Super Lawyer
- J.D. degree, with high distinction, College of Law, University of Nebraska
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 612-371-3524
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.