In this video our speaker, Laura M. Nava, reviews important general considerations including real estate transactions must be governed by Mexican law (no choice of law option); legal names of laws, codes and judicial figures may be identical in both systems but are considerably different in substance and scope; and others. Ms. Nava also discusses forms and formalities.
Laura M. Nava is an attorney with Dentons US LLP. Her practice focuses on assisting clients with Mexican trade, financing and investment transactions. She practiced law in Mexico from 1989 to 1996, as in-house corporate counsel for a Mexican company and in Tijuana, Mexico, as an associate for a corporate law firm, working primarily in the areas of corporate law, real estate law, labor law and foreign investment.
Laura M. Nava
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Attorney at Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, LLP
- Practice focuses on assisting clients with Mexican trade, financing and investment transactions
- Admitted to practice law in Mexico and registered as a foreign legal consultant with the State Bar of California for advice on Mexican law
- Practiced law in Mexico from 1989-1996, as in-house corporate counsel for a Mexican company and in Tijuana, Mexico, as an associate for a corporate law firm, working primarily in the areas of corporate law, real estate law, labor law and foreign investment
- Member of U.S. Mexico Bar Association, Institute of the Americas and Phi Delta Phi
- Licensed in New York
- Acts as mediator in cross-border disputes and matters involving Latin-American individuals and entities
- LL.M. degree, University of San Diego; J.D. degree, Universidad de Monterrey
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.