Learn about Pre-2018 tax treatment of foreign income.
Prior to the changes to the taxation of international operations of U.S. taxpayers by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, those U.S. taxpayers were subject to tax on worldwide income without regards to where earned, taxed either when distributed as dividends or when earned if subject to the Subpart F anti?deferral provisions. This video provides an overview of the new territorial tax system.
Charles S. Kolstad
Withers Bergman LLP
- Tax partner Withers Bergman LLP, a leading international private capital law firm, specializing in international tax matters
- Focuses his practice on international tax, corporate, and partnership matters; he assists clients in tax and corporate planning relating to the acquisition, disposition and restructuring of businesses, corporations and partnerships both domestically and internationally
- Frequently advises foreign individuals moving to the U.S. on pre-immigration, income, gift and estate tax planning opportunities; he also focuses his practice on the cannabis industry/cannabusiness, crypto assets and block chain technology, and tax issues related to initial coin offerings (ICOs)
- Has advised over 200 clients with unreported foreign 1nancial accounts, foreign trusts, and other foreign investments, on the 1ling of FBARs and other information returns, and whether participating in the IRS’s various offshore voluntary disclosure programs is appropriate
- Written and lectured on the extensive information reporting requirements for U.S. taxpayers with international business operations
- During his career he’s been at Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP and Venable LLP and was a tax partner at both Coopers & Lybrand and Ernst & Young
- J.D. degree, The University of Notre Dame; M.B.A. degree, Columbia University; B.Sc. degree, Villanova University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.