Opportunity Zone legislation is new and full of considerable uncertainty and unanswered questions.
Tax policy is a tool the government uses to implement social policy. Tax code incentives are areas where the government wants to see more economic activity and investment of resources. Opportunity zones are a significant new tax incentive that applies to any investor with capital gains. They must fund a new business and/or development and it only applies to new investments made into a qualified opportunity zone. This video provides a 30,000 foot overview of the intent of opportunity zones.
Scott R. Saunders
Asset Preservation Inc.
- Senior vice president with Asset Preservation, Inc. (API), a subsidiary of Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE: STC)
- Extensive background in IRC §1031 tax deferred exchanges, having been involved in structuring thousands and thousands of §1031 exchanges during his thirty two years in the exchange industry
- Dedicates a significant portion of his time presenting classes on intermediate and advanced §1031 exchange strategies to accountants, attorneys, financial advisors, real estate brokers and principals nationwide
- Spoken many times for various associations and organizations
- Contributing author to the book Real Estate Exchanges: Using the Tax Deferred Exchange in Real Estate Investment Management and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, Forbes Real Estate Investor and U.S. News and World Report
- Written over 200 articles on various aspects of §1031 exchanges, capital gain taxation and investment real estate, articles have been featured in many investment publications such as the New York Real Estate Journal, Mid Atlantic Real Estate Journal, Inman News, REBusiness Online, Heartland Real Estate Business, Western Real Estate Business, REALTORS® Land Institute Terra Firma, ALTA’s Title News, HousingWire and many other real estate and other financial publications
- Degree in business economics, University of California at Santa Barbara
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.