Who does public opposition affect?
NIMBY organizations are composed of citizens who oppose development that may jeopardize the character and aesthetics of their community or neighborhood. Public opposition, NIMBYism as we know it today, was popularized in the 1980s. It is no longer just “not in my backyard”, but not in my ground, not in my sky, and not in my ocean. This video reviews who public opposition affects and discusses different NIMBY arguments.
Public Strategy Group, Inc.
- President of Public Strategy Group, Inc. for 25 years
- Worked with numerous clients including Fortune 500 companies such as Walmart® and Chesapeake Energy
- Recipient of the 2009 Gold MarCom Award honoring excellence in marketing and communications
- Published in numerous journals and magazines including Environmental Leader; Renewable Energy; Electric, Light, and Power; Mining, People, and the Environment; Ethanol Producer; and Wind Power Monthly magazines
- B.A. and M.A. degrees, University of Connecticut
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.