Review the parts of a claim.
What is a claim? A claim is an unresolved change. A claim can exist when the contractor and owner disagree on whether a change exists, the impact resulting from the change, or the costs resulting from the change. A change is a difference between the contract requirements at the time of bid and the actual requirements imposed on the contractor during construction. This video reviews claims and why changes are inevitable and discusses how to evaluate entitlement.
Mark Nagata, PSP, CDT
Trauner Consulting Services, Inc.
- Director, shareholder with Trauner Consulting Services, Inc.
- Expertise in the areas of CPM scheduling; claims preparation and analysis; and the review, editing, and updating of specifications
- Has provided expert testimony on delays, termination for default, and damages
- Author of Construction Delays, Third Edition
- Certified planning and scheduling professional
- Certified Construction Documents Technologist with the Construction Specifications Institute
- Involved in the analysis and presentation of claims on projects involving mass transit, government, military, education, high-rise residential, and civil works construction
- Contributing writer to the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International’s Recommended Practice No. 29R-03 for Forensic Schedule Analysis
- The Recommended Practice is the first publication in the industry that comprehensively classifies all known schedule analysis techniques used by construction scheduling professionals to identify and measure project delay using project schedules
- Award-winning instructor with the National Highway Institute; he is currently presenting the following courses: “Managing Highway Contract Claims: Analysis & Avoidance, Alternative Contracting,” “Use of CPM for Estimating Scheduling and Timely Completion,” and “Principles of Writing Highway Construction Specifications"
- B.A. degree in economics, University of Pennsylvania
- Can be contacted at 215-814-6400 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.