A map is a map, is a map … a plat map is also a map, a very special map.
Land Surveying is essentially the art and science of measuring and mapping land. A map is a graphic, two?dimensional representation of the surface of the earth. A plat map is a map that is prepared by or under the supervision of a land surveyor, usually for a specific legal purpose. This video reviews the difference between a regular map and a plat map and how land surveying uses these maps; as well as discusses what a survey should tell you.
John M. Story, P.L.S.
Donaldson, Garrett & Associates, Inc.
- Senior vice president and Charlotte branch manager of Donaldson, Garrett & Associates, Inc.
- Professional land surveyor registered in North and South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and Virginia
- More than 43 years of experience with a varied and extensive background in boundary, topographic, construction, and as-built surveys in the commercial, governmental, and residential market
- Worked extensively with utility companies in coordinating right-of-way and design surveys, as well as industrial clients who require optical tooling
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Surveyors
- B.S. degree, Georgia Southwestern College (now Georgia Southwestern State University); B.C.E.T. degree, Southern Technical Institute (now Kennesaw State University)
- Can be contacted at 704-374-1955 or [email protected]
Frank E. Arado
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Partner in the Charlotte office of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, and head of the Real Estate Finance Group
- Concentrated in commercial real estate, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions of real estate and interests in real estate; debt and equity financing; workouts and restructurings; and joint venture formation
- Represented institutional investors, commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, pension funds, their investment advisors, REITs and opportunity funds
- Charlotte Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” business leaders in the community
- M.B.A. and J.D. degrees, University of Illinois College of Law; B.A. degree, University of Chicago
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.